Give us a call if you have a question about control panels or anything you see on this site. We’re control panel experts because it’s been our business for 50 years and we’re still fascinated by it, curious, and just love our work. We’re an unusual company. See for yourself. If we can’t help you, we’ll tell you who can.
If you call you won’t get voice mail. Dial one of our extensions directly, or wait for Mary to pickup. If we’re away from our desk, even Mary, all phones ring. When we take the time to call somone we don’t like being sent to voice mail, so we make sure that doesn’t happen to you. This is another way we’re different.
Bob Lambert – Sales / Design – New Relationships
· · · · · Phone: 757-599-6884 / Extension 104
· · · · · Email: Bob Lambert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ryan Nicholson – Sales / Design – Industrial
· · · · · Phone: 757-599-6884 / Extension 105
· · · · · Email: Ryan Nicholson <email@example.com>
James Williams – Sales / Design – Municipal
· · · · · Phone: 757-599-6884 / Extension 106
· · · · · Email: James Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Who’s an expert ?
There’s a great book by Malcolm Gladwell called Outliers: The Story of Success. In it he describes an expert as someone with 10,000+ hours in a craft or trade. Using the standard US 2,000+ hour work year, that means you’re an expert if you have 5+ years experience. That’s generally true, but our experience is it’s not always true.
When a person’s knowledge and skill doesn’t match their long experience it’s because they’re not driven by it. They’ve been doing it for a long time so some people see them as an expert, but it’s not really true. When we meet someone like this we have a saying “Do they have 5 years of experience, or 1 year of experience 5 times in a row?”
So I would amend the expert definition of 10,000+ hours in a craft or trade to include, and
- they truly love their craft or trade, and
- they continue to be fascinated by it and curious about it, and
- they’re driven to constantly learn more about it, and
- they’re driven to be the best